Follow 5 steps
1. Honour hunger: Keep your body biologically fed with adequate energy and carbohydrates. Once you reach the moment of
excessive hunger, all intentions of moderate, conscious eating are fleeting and irrelevant.
2. Don’t eat for the wrong reasons: Get in touch with your feelings and don’t let food become an excuse for not dealing with emotions such as anger, anxiety or loneliness.
3. Make peace with food: Buy foods you feel like eating. Listen to your food cravings, it is alright to indulge every once in a while.
4. Stop when full: Tune into the body signals that say you are no longer hungry. Observe the signs that show you’re comfortably full.
5. Don’t over-exercise: Check in with your body, do not exercise hard when exhausted, opt for a gentler routine. Have a variety of workouts at your disposal and pick and choose based on how your body is feeling.
According to a study published in the American Journal of Health Education, intuitive eaters typically weigh less and have a lower risk of cardiovascular diseases..