Women of almost all ages are mesmerized with the looks of today’s popular Korean pop singers, movie and television stars. In view of this, young men try to pattern out their hairstyles hoping to get more attention from the ladies.
The popular trend now for Korean male is short bangs, medium at top, longer back and sides. This type of hairstyle mostly worn messy works great for those who have a casual edgy lifestyle. Most men choose a hairstyle that they think will go together with their overall style of living. The hairstyle should fit work or school requirements or whatever requirement one has for his personal life.
Those who want to appear rebellious or sporty looking wear their hair in a razor cut shag. The uneven cut shows a man to be very confident with a bit of defiance in authority. Korean actor’s hairstyles are best examples. Rain Lee and Lee Jun Ki are trendsetters in this category. Most of their hairstyle is long and messy but still has overall appeal.
Korean men style their hair in various manners, which works well with their thick and coarse hair texture. Asian hair is mostly thick, coarse, highly porous and straight, some even frizz during humid weather. Facial features should be taken into consideration.
Popular Asian male hairstyle often fall into the punk rocker category, but men nowadays tend to be more versatile when it comes to their hairstyles. They can be very simple but have some small spikes in every direction. In fact, they can be more creative than women when it comes to their locks.
In similar styles, young men have their hair trimmed thinner and layered. Ends are razor cut for texture giving it a look of unevenness. These styles can be achieved and controlled with gels to provide hold if one doesn’t want a perm cut.
*Images courtesy of www.lady8844.com
2011 has just started. Are you thinking of getting shedding your old image and going for a complete makeover? Our hair is an important part to our image, and can be a great factor in making that difference in how you look. Here are some cool asian mens hair styles you can consider for a great start to 2011.
1. Hair is kept longer at the back and is layered. You don’t necessary need a perm for this but if you want, go for a light perm on hair ends, which can be really helpful when you are styling your hair.
2. This hairstyle is popular with Korean guys. Hair is short and heavier on top and a short neat fringe is needed. A light perm is needed for the wavy look.
3. This hairstyle is pretty similar to the one above but the fringe style is different. Here the fringe is not straight and is thinner than the one above. Notice how different color will give a different look. As a general rule of thumb, our hair color must not be close to our skin tone. Go for lighter colors if your skin tone is dark and vice-versa.
4. This is a layered hairstyle and hair is kept longer at the back. Fringe are swept sideways.
5. This is a stylish ‘geek’ look that is popular among guys working in the creative industry (interior designers, photographers etc.) Hair is short and thick without much layering. Some styling is required to make it look stylish, otherwise this hairstyle can really get too neat and nerdy that is far from looking good.
6. This is somewhat similar to the style above except hair is shorter and is permed to get the curls. Most guys tend to avoid perms, but this look is popular for male perm hairstyles, it really stylish and not difficult to manage. You will likely to stand out since perms are not widely popular among men.
7. This is another permed hairstyle to go for if you are more adventurous. Hair is long, layered and is permed to achieve the wavy look. Styling is still required to bring out stronger and more defined curls.
Here are some cool asian hair styles for men, which are also the latest male hairstyle trends in asia now.
1. Taiwanese/Korean Boyband hairstyle
2. Taiwanese/Japanese/Korean Drama Male Actors’ Hairstyle
3. Japanese Rock Band/Rocker Hairstyle
4. Taiwanese Boyband/Taiwanese Drama Male Actors’ Hairstyle
5. Korean/Japanese Popular Permed Hairstyle
6. Taiwanese/Japanese/Korean Rockband/Rocker Hairstyle
7. Taiwanese/Korean/Japan Popular Hairstyle
8. Taiwanese/Japanese Hiphop Hairstyle
9. Taiwanese Mohawk Hairstyle
How did popular Korean actor Kim Bum (or Kim Beom) from the hit Korean drama <Boys Over Flowers> manage to look so good and attract hordes of female fans of various ages? Kim Bum does not have the typical ‘pretty’ boy looks like Lee Min Ho, but there’s something about him that makes him sizzling hot. Its not just about his looks and height, but also because of his styling, his hair and his clothes that make him look good. In other words, it’s his total package that counts. In this post, we’ll take a look at how asian hair can look good with hair cut and styling just like Kim Bum’s.
If you are in your 30s-40s and think experimenting with hair fashion are a thing of the past or a hobby of your student days, think again. There’s no reason why you should stick to the typical slick, neat and short hair with fringe parted sideways – the oh-so-boring look that every male in the office has, including your CEO. Asian hair is about creativity, with the right hairstyles and image, you can look sexy, appealing and mature. Its ‘da thing’ that will make you stand out from the rest. We can learn a thing or two from these great looking Korean celebrities in their 30s and 40s, who still maintain an allure that only men in this age group can carry off. Do observe their dressing too, it’s the whole package that counts.
Korean hairstyles are very popular in asia, thanks to the Korean wave that hit asia. They are fast becoming an influence in setting the asian hair fashion trends. Here are 3 gorgeous Korean men hairstyles to consider.