Women of almost all ages are mesmerized with the looks of today’s popular Korean pop singers, movie and television stars. In view of this, young men try to pattern out their hairstyles hoping to get more attention from the ladies.
The popular trend now for Korean male is short bangs, medium at top, longer back and sides. This type of hairstyle mostly worn messy works great for those who have a casual edgy lifestyle. Most men choose a hairstyle that they think will go together with their overall style of living. The hairstyle should fit work or school requirements or whatever requirement one has for his personal life.
Those who want to appear rebellious or sporty looking wear their hair in a razor cut shag. The uneven cut shows a man to be very confident with a bit of defiance in authority. Korean actor’s hairstyles are best examples. Rain Lee and Lee Jun Ki are trendsetters in this category. Most of their hairstyle is long and messy but still has overall appeal.
Korean men style their hair in various manners, which works well with their thick and coarse hair texture. Asian hair is mostly thick, coarse, highly porous and straight, some even frizz during humid weather. Facial features should be taken into consideration.
Popular Asian male hairstyle often fall into the punk rocker category, but men nowadays tend to be more versatile when it comes to their hairstyles. They can be very simple but have some small spikes in every direction. In fact, they can be more creative than women when it comes to their locks.
In similar styles, young men have their hair trimmed thinner and layered. Ends are razor cut for texture giving it a look of unevenness. These styles can be achieved and controlled with gels to provide hold if one doesn’t want a perm cut.
*Images courtesy of www.lady8844.com
2011 has just started. Are you thinking of getting shedding your old image and going for a complete makeover? Our hair is an important part to our image, and can be a great factor in making that difference in how you look. Here are some cool asian mens hair styles you can consider for a great start to 2011.
1. Hair is kept longer at the back and is layered. You don’t necessary need a perm for this but if you want, go for a light perm on hair ends, which can be really helpful when you are styling your hair.
2. This hairstyle is popular with Korean guys. Hair is short and heavier on top and a short neat fringe is needed. A light perm is needed for the wavy look.
3. This hairstyle is pretty similar to the one above but the fringe style is different. Here the fringe is not straight and is thinner than the one above. Notice how different color will give a different look. As a general rule of thumb, our hair color must not be close to our skin tone. Go for lighter colors if your skin tone is dark and vice-versa.
4. This is a layered hairstyle and hair is kept longer at the back. Fringe are swept sideways.
5. This is a stylish ‘geek’ look that is popular among guys working in the creative industry (interior designers, photographers etc.) Hair is short and thick without much layering. Some styling is required to make it look stylish, otherwise this hairstyle can really get too neat and nerdy that is far from looking good.
6. This is somewhat similar to the style above except hair is shorter and is permed to get the curls. Most guys tend to avoid perms, but this look is popular for male perm hairstyles, it really stylish and not difficult to manage. You will likely to stand out since perms are not widely popular among men.
7. This is another permed hairstyle to go for if you are more adventurous. Hair is long, layered and is permed to achieve the wavy look. Styling is still required to bring out stronger and more defined curls.
Guys, are you thinking of getting a new asian hair style for 2010? Here are 4 great looks that you can go for.
1. Short straight bob ‘mushroom’ crop with thick asymmetrical fringe. Go for dark violet or all black for that artistic look.
2. The 60s rocker permed hair look. Go for center parting on the fringe and get a natural chestnut hair dye to complete this look.
3. Short fringe with V-shaped thick sideburns. Go for a light brown tone to give a cool look.
4. Short fringe layered crop, go for dark brown or black to give that manly look.
Here are some cool asian hair styles for men, which are also the latest male hairstyle trends in asia now.
1. Taiwanese/Korean Boyband hairstyle
2. Taiwanese/Japanese/Korean Drama Male Actors’ Hairstyle
3. Japanese Rock Band/Rocker Hairstyle
4. Taiwanese Boyband/Taiwanese Drama Male Actors’ Hairstyle
5. Korean/Japanese Popular Permed Hairstyle
6. Taiwanese/Japanese/Korean Rockband/Rocker Hairstyle
7. Taiwanese/Korean/Japan Popular Hairstyle
8. Taiwanese/Japanese Hiphop Hairstyle
9. Taiwanese Mohawk Hairstyle
If you are a working executive who wishes to succeed in the corporate world, then it pays to pay attention to your image. First impression counts, a good image will give your career a further boost. Here’s some great male asian hair styles suitable for the corporate world and can help to lift your image to the next level.
Here’s a special post for all the guys. If you aspire to have long flowy hairstyles like those guys you always see in Korean, Taiwan and Japanese media, then its time to pick one of these male asian hair styles featured below:
Get ready for summer with a brand new hairstyle! These are the 10 most fashionable and popular asian hair styles with men in asia. With some styling or perming techniques, you can refreshingly transform your look.
1. Long Layered hairstyle with slight wavy perms. (Note: It’s always easier to do styling on permed hair, however once you have your hair permed, you need to style it with hairwax at all times, otherwise your hair will look fluffywithout anything on)
2. Layered hairstyle. Simply use hairwax to create the ‘spikes’ by twisting small strands of hair in upward motion.
3. Side-parted long fringe hairstyle.
4. Side-parted long fringe hairstyle. Style the hair ends to make it ‘spikey’ and grab some hair at the top and style it upwards with hairwax.
5. Permed hairstyle.
6. Short layered, choppy hairstyle. Simply use hair wax to create the ‘spikes’.
7. Simple, fuss-free layered hair with longer layered hair ends. Style the short layered hair on top with hairwax to create some ‘spikes’.
8. Blonde short choppy hairstyle.
9. Short choppy hairstyle. Use hairwax to create the ‘spikes’.
10. Short fringe with very mild wavy perms on top of hair. This hairstyle is one of the more popular hairstyles with Korean men.
3D hairstyle software is a good way to preview a particular hairstyle on how you will look like before going for actual haircut. When you are happy with a look, simply print out and show it to your hairdresser and request for similar haircut.
In this post, we feature 4 asian guys from the streets with cool hairstyles .
Name: Xiao Xin
Age: 20 (Student)
Hairstyle Theme: He loves the hairstyles on Japanese manga characters, so this hairstyle reflects this.
Tips: Apply hairspray or hairwax on hair, especially on hair ends. Use a elastic hairband to support the hair so that it sticks up. This hairstyle will suit guys with thicker hair strands.
Name: Xiao Zhu
Age: 22 (Freelancer)
Hairstyle Theme: He feels that guys can afford to try more edgy hairstyles and they look really good when paired with a cool shades.
Tips: Short spiky fluffy hair with minimal hairwax at the back section. This type of hairstyle will suit guys with soft hair strands.
Name: Qing Tai
Age: 23 (Dancer)
Hairstyle Theme: He loves the afro hairstyle popularize by black culture, however he also wants to create a unique look.
Tips: This afro hairstyle is only partial as it is done only on the back section of hair, while retaining the fringe and some hair in front. This hairstyle will suit all hair types.
Name: Pei Jun
Age: 25 (Unemployed)
Hairstyle Theme: He feels that guy can look gentle and cute with the right hairstyles.
Tips: Half of the top and back hair is permed to a create light wavy texture (except for the fringe). You can also put on a pair of glasses to create the gentleman look. This hairstyle will suit all hair types.
Guys, if you are game enough you can try this big poodle hairdo, which makes you look cool and funky almost instantly! This type of hairstyle will suit naturally fine and straight asian hair. Guys with naturally curly hair are not suitable for this hairstyle, as it might turn out disastrous. (your hair will look twice as big as the picture below…so you can imagine!)